Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, and one of our favorites, but it’s also a tough one! We have to come up with breakfast ideas before we’ve even had coffee and that’s just, well, it can feel like a really tall order. If you’re in the same boat, not to worry! To help you out—and honestly, to help ourselves, too—we’ve rounded up 50 (yep, 5-0) breakfast recipes! From super healthy breakfast ideas to low-carb, to fancy-enough-for-Christmas breakfast to just plain old gosh-darn easy breakfast ideas, we’ve got you covered! Let’s dive in!
Eggs, But Dress Them Up & Make Them Fancy.
- Smoky Bacon, Potato and Cheddar Hash (cover photo). This breakfast hash recipe will become your new favorite breakfast!
- Baked Eggs with Swiss Chard and Green Olives. This stunning, cream-laced baked egg recipe is an easy and luxurious way to enjoy brunch at home.
- Salsa Verde Baked Eggs. while this sounds like something you’d order in a restaurant, it’s actually a really easy dish to make. And if you’re looking for healthy breakfast ideas, look no further! This one is low-carb, gluten-free and vegetarian!
- Spinach-Mushroom Strata. Melty Swiss cheese and buttery mushrooms sautéed with fresh thyme make this savory, earthy spinach strata a make-ahead breakfast idea that’s almost too good to be true.
- Shirred Eggs with Leeks. Like all egg recipes, shirred eggs are pretty quick and easy to make, but they’re elegant enough for Christmas morning!
The OG Low-Carb, Healthy Breakfast Idea: Simple, Perfect, Classic Eggs
- Soft-scrambled eggs. Perfect, pillowy soft-scrambled eggs you can make in your sleep—now that’s a breakfast idea we can handle, even pre-coffee.
- Migas. Corn tortillas, pan fried till just barely crisp, and then flooded with whipped egg and bright spices and quickly cooked together, migas are a Tex-Mex classic.
- The most simple answer is often the best, and a basic boiled egg—soft-boiled or hard-boiled, it’s up to you!—is truly a no-brainer breakfast idea. Eat it on its own for a low-carb, high-protein start to the day, or with a piece of toast to round it out.
- Huevos Rancheros. If you can open a can of beans and fry an egg, you can make this simple breakfast recipe.
- Avocado, Chèvre and Bacon Omelette. Everyone has their favorite omelette combo, and this glorious trio is ours.
Cereal for Breakfast, All Grown Up!
- Granola with Figs, Almonds and Coconut. We’re grooving on the healthy, filling, delicious alchemy that happens when you combine oats, honey, and oil with some handfuls of chopped nuts and dried fruit.
- Apple and Maple Baked Oatmeal. Sweetened with just a kiss of maple syrup, this healthy apple baked oatmeal recipe is the ultimate fall breakfast.
- Nuts and Seeds Granola. Having a batch of this nutty, seedy, maple-sweetened granola around the house makes mornings way easier. Plus, it’s an ultra-healthy way to start the day.
- Overnight Oats. Maybe the easiest breakfast recipe we know of—just a few minutes of work before bed means that you get to wake up to a breakfast that’s ready when you are!
- Six-Ingredient Breakfast Quinoa. Looking for a vegan, protein-filled, nutrient-rich breakfast idea without eggs? Look no further!
- Norwegian Risgrøt Rice Porridge. Risgrøt—a festive Norwegian rice pudding—is a heart-warming, soul-satisfying treat that is humble, almost too easy, and impossible not to love.
Cake For Breakfast
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Moist and tender, with a coconut-speckled crumb topping, this sour cream coffee cake is easy, delicious and—bonus!—can easily be made gluten free.
- Mom’s Zucchini Bread Muffins. When it comes to zucchini bread, we want simple and classic, and maybe a little healthy, too, and this recipe checks all the boxes.
- Gingerbread loaf. If there’s a slice of this moist, delicious gingerbread loaf in the house, you know that’s what’s for breakfast.
- Banana Banana Bread with Maple Mascarpone. Banana bread should taste like bananas and going heavy on the fruit—thus the name “banana banana”—makes for an incredibly moist bread.