This delicious Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta makes an easy, quick, and filling dinner for the whole family. The smoky Cajun spice and the creamy Parmesan sauce create an unforgettable combination!
I love everything about this Chicken and Shrimp Pasta! Every time I serve it, I feel like a fancy Italian chef because this dish is so elegant and tasty. Tender chicken and shrimp are cooked in Cajun seasoning before they are combined with seared bell peppers, onions, creamy Parmesan sauce, and fettuccine. Oh, yes! I know you want it, too.
Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
This delicious Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta makes an easy, quick and filling dinner for the whole family. The smoky Cajun spice and the creamy Parmesan sauce create an unforgettable combination!
- ¾ lb. uncooked pasta I used fettuccine
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimps
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless, chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bell peppers cut into long strips
- 1 large onion cut in half and sliced
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¾ cup of Half & Half or heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley to garnish
- https://237477596b892b34cbd5155b044ffd38.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-40/html/container.html?upapi=trueADAdd the pasta to a pot of boiling water with 1 tbsp. of salt, and cook according to the package instructions, until al-dente. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, chicken, shrimp, and Cajun seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the chicken and shrimp are just tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken and shrimp from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add the bell peppers and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, and remove the vegetables from the skillet.
- Add the wine and chicken broth and boil down until there is only 25% of the liquid left.
- Stir in the Half & Half, garlic, and Parmesan cheese and stir until just creamy and smooth. Let it come to a simmer without boiling.
- Stir in the vegetables, chicken, shrimp, and drained pasta, tossing until noodles are well coated in sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
About Chicken and Shrimp
I always recommend choosing wild-caught when it comes to selecting shrimp. You’ll need large, peeled, and deveined shrimp.
Dark chicken meat is far more tender and succulent than chicken breasts, so I suggest buying skinless chicken thighs. However, you can use chicken breasts if you prefer.
Calories: 643kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 43gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 516mgPotassium: 717mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 2767IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 267mgIron: 3mg