Pancake Recipe made with simple ingredients that takes only a few minutes time. Load these perfect homemade pancakes up with fresh fruit or drown them in your favorite maple syrup.
I’ve included tips below (with a video) to help answer any questions on how to make the best ever pancakes. This post contains affiliate links.
I know food bloggers have a bad rap for throwing around the phrase “best ever” a little too frequently. Friends. Look at my eyes… these easy pancakes are the real deal. I’ve been searching for the best pancake recipe ever, and I’ve finally perfected it. Thick and fluffy, with a hint of sweetness, but not too much so you can still drown them in syrup.
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes because I always have what I need to make it on hand. I love that it only requires a few simple ingredients, takes only a few minutes to make, and tastes a million times better than box mix. This recipe makes ten perfect pancakes every single time.
Best Ever Homemade Pancakes Recipe
- ▢1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ▢3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢1/4 cup sugar
- ▢1 1/4 cups whole milk
- ▢1 egg
- ▢3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ▢1 tsp vanilla extract optional
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Melt the butter in microwave for 30 seconds, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir milk and egg together.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Pour the butter, vanilla, and milk mixture into the well.
- Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until just combined. It will be slightly thick and lumpy, but should be well incorporated.
- Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Make sure you are using BAKING POWDER, not baking soda.
I like to set my electric griddle to 325 degrees and spray with nonstick spray. I use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle. The pancake batter will be thick.
Check the text of the post above or read through the comments for common substitutions (such as nut milks, omitting the butter, using alternative flours, etc). I haven’t personally tried these, but many others have had great success.
I don’t recommend making these pancakes in advance, but you can freeze any leftovers.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 183mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g
1 thought on “Best Ever Pancake Recipe”