This Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is filled with a simple broccoli cheese mixture, seared in a skillet, then baked to perfection.
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast has been a recipe I’ve been wanting to make FOREVER and now that I’ve made it, I wish I would have made it sooner!
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
So here’s the deal. My kids are not your average children when it comes to food.
I always knew they were more willing to try foods, but when my 6-year-old daughter came home from school, saw chopped broccoli on my cutting board, and immediately asked if she could eat it… well, that’s just not normal… is it?
Then, when I was making this recipe, she was right by my side, super excited that I was not only stuffing this chicken with broccoli but also red bell peppers.
She’s not the only one of my kids who gets excited about veggies. I guess I should chalk this one up to a parenting win.
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is filled with a simple broccoli cheese mixture, seared in a skillet, then baked to perfection.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika and 1/2 tsp of the garlic powder. Use a sharp knife to cut a slice through the middle of the chicken breasts, but not all the way through, creating a pocket for the filling.
- For the filling, place the broccoli in a microwaveable dish and add about 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain any excess water. To the dish add the bell pepper, cheese, mayo, remaining garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined, then divide the mixture between the chicken breasts, using a toothpick to secure if necessary.
- Heat a large, oven-safe skillet (I prefer to use a cast-iron skillet), over medium heat and add the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cover skillet with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15- 17 minutes, or until chicken reads 165 degrees. Let rest, covered for 5 minutes before enjoying.
*Since these are large chicken breasts, I usually say 1/2 chicken breast is one serving.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 140mg | Sodium: 403mg | Potassium: 780mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 223mg | Iron: 1mg