A GARLICKY CHEDDAR QUICK BREAD IS READY IN ABOUT AN HOUR FROM START TO FINISH. EASY, CHEESY, FOOLPROOF – DELICIOUS! CARB LOVERS UNITE ♥
Bread has always been one of my favorite foods. Not the hohum loaves you’ll find at most grocery stores, but the soulful, artisan varieties made with love in bakeries and home kitchens.
If I had the time, I would bake bread every single day. Time is something I’ll never have enough of and bread is probably something I shouldn’t be eating every day anyhow 😉
But when you need bread, you need bread. On some occasions there aren’t hours to spare.
Quick breads are great for those last minute bread needs, whatever they may be. It takes just minutes to put together. No rising, no kneading – just mix it up & bake.
That being said, quick breads and yeast breads are certainly different. A quick bread is dense, moist & even crumbly at times – more along the lines of a tender biscuit. A yeast bread is lighter and far more complex in taste & texture.
You can get pretty creative with this bread. Add fresh or dried herbs, like parsley, chives or Herbes de Provence, or add more spices – like dried minced onion or powder, more garlic. Switch up cheeses or add olives, sun dried tomatoes, dried beef – anything your heart desires. Just watch that you don’t overdue the amount of liquids. Quick breads are (almost) fool proof. My next go at this bread will be a “Pizza Quick Bread”. Stay tuned 🙂
This bread is wonderful eaten as is or with a generous smear of butter. I serve it with breakfast, as a snack or with a big bowl of soup or a hearty dinner.
Cheesy Cheddar Quick Bread
A garlicky cheddar quick bread is ready in about an hour from start to finish. Easy, cheesy, foolproof – delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar I prefer sharp
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° Grease/spray a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder and salt. Stir in shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg & butter.
- Add liquid ingredients to bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon/pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Top should be a golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack. Remove loaf from pan, slice & serve.