- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces (250 grams) brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 minced garlic cloths
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper until season
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large clots minced or finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups half and half or use reduced fat cream or evaporated milk*
- 1/2 cup finely grilled fresh Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch cornmeal mixed with 2 teaspoons water (optional for chicken sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Melt butter in a large (over 12″ or 30 cm) ovenproof skillet or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sound until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add mushrooms, salt, pepper (to your taste) and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Set aside and allow to cool while preparing your chicken.
- Pat breasts dry with a paper towel. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and dried parsley. Rub each piece to coat evenly in the seasoning.
- A horizontal slice made an incision through the thickest part of each chest to form a pocket. Put 2 slices of mozzarella in each chest pocket.
- Divide the mushroom mixture into four equal parts and fill each breast with the mushroom mixture (leave the juices in the pan for later. If there is any left on the mushrooms, don’t worry. You’ll use them later). Top mushroom mixture with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese for each breast. Seal with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the mushrooms inside while cooking.
- Heat the same pan the mushrooms were in along with the pan juices
I hope you’ll enjoy it!!