- * 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- * 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- * 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- * 4 tablespoons honey
- * 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- * 2 tablespoons lime juice
- * Red pepper flakes/cayenne to taste
- * 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- * Pepper to taste
- Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it in half.
- Marinate the shrimp in half the sauce for 15-30 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Over medium-high heat in a 10″cast iron skillet, pan sears the shrimp in some oil.
- Sear them on both sides in batches until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Using tongs, rub the shrimp into caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Dish and serve hot, drizzled with remaining sauce.