What summer dessert could be better than creamy lemon squares? I don’t know. These sunny lemon squares have a sweet lemon taste and amazing lemon flavor. For me, it’s like lemonade squares.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON SQUARES?
Cook these yummy treats for your friends this summer. These sweet lemon squares consist of only 6 ingredients and I think you probably all of them in your kitchen right now.
- preheat oven to 350°F. Make graham cracker crumbs. Add 24 squares of graham crackers to the food processor. Pulse until crumbly.
- Add 4 tbsp of melted butter and ¼ cup of sugar. Pulse until completely combined.
- Grease 8-inch square baking pan with melted butter. Then, line with parchment paper. Don’t forget to leave some paper hanging on two sides, it will help to unmold the creamy lemon squares after baking.
- Make the crust. Add the mix of graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar, to the pan. Press it firmly into the bottom of the pan and make the 1 inch up the sides of the pan to create a crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the crust cool completely in the pan.
- Make the creamy lemon filling. While crust is cooling, whisk 12 oz condensed milk with 2 egg yolk until smooth.
- Add ½ cup fresh lemon juice to the creamy lemon mixture and whisk until combined.
- Pour this mixture into the cooled crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is browned.
- Let the creamy square cool completely in a pan. Then, remove the lemon square from the pan using hanging parchment paper and cut it into 16 mini squares or 9 bigger squares.
Creamy Lemon Squares
These sunny lemon squares have a sweet lemon taste and amazing lemon flavor. For me, it’s like lemonade squares.
For the crust:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted;
- 24 squares graham crackers;
- ¼ cup of sugar.
For the lemon filling:
- 2 egg yolks;
- 1 can (12oz) sweetened condensed milk;
- ½ cup of lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper (leave some paper hanging on two sides, it will help to remove the creamy lemon squares).
- Break up the graham crackers. Then, add them to a food processor. Pulse until crumbled. Add sugar and melted butter. Pulse one more time until combined.
- Add this crumble mixture to the prepared pan. Then, press this mixture firmly into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan to create a crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let the crust cool completely in the pan.
- Make the creamy filling while the crust is cooling. Add condensed milk and egg yolk to a bowl. Whisk until smooth. You can use an electric mixer or use a whisker. Then, add fresh lemon juice and whisk until well combined.
- When the graham cracker crust has cooled, pour this creamy lemon filling into it. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is browned. Let the creamy square completely cool in the pan on a cooling rack. You can also refrigerate the lemon squares after cooling to room temperature; it makes the creamy lemon squares firmer. Then, remove the lemon square from the pan using the hanging parchment paper, and place it on a cutting board. Cut the lemon square into 16 mini squares or 9 bigger squares.