These Crockpot green beans and potatoes with ham are very quick to put together and are so hearty and delicious.
- 1 pound pork hock (also called ham hock) (or 2 cups cooked ham chunks)
- 36 ounces green beans, fresh or frozen (in bite-size pieces)
- 3 cups water
- 4 large potatoes, yellow or red, skin on, cut in bite-size chunks
- 1 Tbsp thyme, dry
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt, more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- oil, just a drizzle (about 1-2 Tablespoons)
- Add the ham hock (or ham chunks) to the bottom of the crockpot, then pour in the green beans, water, and potato chunks. Don’t cut the potatoes too large, or they will have a hard time getting done when everything else is ready. I like to go for 1 inch or smaller.
- Next, you will add the thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, cloves, and cinnamon. Mix together thoroughly, and then drizzle with a bit of oil (1-2 tablespoons) before covering.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. This all depends on whether you’ll be home or not and how quickly you need it to be done. Don’t overcook, as the green beans will turn to mush. You do want the potatoes to get done, though.
- Once the green beans and potatoes are cooked, you will remove the ham hock and let it cool a bit before dicing up the ham. Turn the crockpot on the warm setting while cooling and cutting up the ham pieces. Add the ham pieces back in and serve.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 544mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1229IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 3mg