Fudgy brownies topped with a lusciously decadent French silk pie filling, whipped topping, and more chocolate. This French Silk Pie Brownies recipe will become your “little black dress” of desserts!
CHOCOLATE SILK PIE BROWNIES
Have you ever made a dish and instantly knew it was a winner?
This French Silk Pie Brownies recipe was exactly that! My husband even asked me if I could make it again so he could take it to work – and he never asks to take stuff to work to share! ? I already have plans to make this for our Labor Day cookout and when we have friends over for dinner next month!
This recipe starts off with a boxed brownie mix. It gets topped off with an easy-to-make French silk pie filling, then a layer of whipped topping. Chocolate shavings or in my case, mini chocolate chips, make the perfect garnishment.
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 1 box (18.3 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- Ingredients listed on the box to prepare brownies
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 bar (4 oz.) German chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tub (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips, for decorating (optional)
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package directions. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Microwave the German chocolate pieces with the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir, then melt for another 15 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted.
- To the melted chocolate mixture, beat in the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until combined. Fold in half (8 ounces) of the whipped topping.
- Spread the French silk filling over the cooled brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls, if using.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 150mgFiber: 0gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g