2 and 1/2 cups (tea) wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cup (tea) sugar
3 units of eggs
1/2 cup (tea) butter (or margarine)
1 cup (tea) of milk
1 tablespoon baking powder for cakes
guava smudge to taste
•200 g of guava paste cut into cubes
•½ cup of water or dry white wine
METHOD OF PREPARATION
1. In the blender, place the eggs, milk, butter and sugar;
2. Beat until it’s pretty creamy;
3. In a bowl, place the wheat flour, sifted, and pour this mixture over it;
4. Mix well, with the help of a wire whisk (fouet), until it is very homogeneous;
5. Add the baking powder and mix until well combined;
6. Then pour half of that mass into a greased and infarcted shape;
7. Cut the guava paste into small cubes, dip them in wheat flour and place half of them over the dough;
8. Then pour the rest of the dough, place the rest of the cubes;
9. Take to bake in preheated oven, 180ºC, for about 40 minutes or until golden.
To make the topping, in a medium saucepan, add the guava paste cut into cubes and the water or wine. Take to medium oven and cook until the guava melts (approximately 10 minutes).
OBS: It is necessary to pass the guava cubes in the wheat flour, so that they do not go down to the bottom of the mold.
Do not sink the cubes, they will fall naturally as the cake bakes.