- 8 lb spiral cut ham
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- cooking spray
- fresh herbs for garnish
Read also: sausage gravy recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9″ x 13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Place the ham cut side down in the pan and pour the honey over the top. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the ham registers 140 degrees F. Remove the ham from the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Place the sugar, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and smoked paprika in a medium sized pan along with 1/2 cup of drippings from the pan or water.
- Stir to combine the sugar and liquid then bring to a boil. Boil for exactly one minute.
- Pour half the glaze over the ham and place the ham under the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until glaze starts bubbling.
- Remove the ham from the oven and pour the remaining glaze over the ham. Broil for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove the ham from the oven and separate the slices. Transfer the ham to a platter and serve, garnished with herbs if desired.