- ° 1 carrot finely
- °1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- °1/4 cup cider vinegar
- °4 teaspoons of sugar
- °1/2 tsp salt
- °2 cups macaroni (about 7 1/2 oz/225 g)
- °2 chopped green onions
- °1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- °2/3 cups mayonnaise
- In bowl, combine the carrot, onion, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand 10 m
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse it under cold water. Drain again.
- In the bowl, add the pasta, green onions, red peppers and mayonnaise, and toss gently to coat the ingredients. Pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Salad will keep overnight in the refrigerator. If needed, add water, 1 tbsp/15 mL at a time, to achieve desired consistency.)
On our plate
This macaroni salad is a great base for our summer meals. You can add bacon, tuna, hard-boiled eggs, grilled zucchini, crumbled feta cheese, or even olives. In short, we improvise according to our desires and the contents of our refrigerator!