1 loaf french bread, cut into 1 in thick slices, toasted
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 lb package fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
1 (28 oz) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Fill in gaps with smaller chunks of bread.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings. Spread mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Gently mix together spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.