- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs 2 sleeves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz Cool Whip fat-free
- 20 oz crushed pineapple drained well
- Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs in a bowl and stir until uniform. Pour 2 cups of the mixture into a 9 * 9 “square baking dish, tamp the layer down with the flat bottom of the cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven to 300F.
- Beat cream cheese and softened butter with a mixer until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and beat gently on low speed, then on high speed for 1 minute. Add 1 heaping spoonful of dried and chopped pineapple to the cream, mix. Place the creamy layer over the crust, spread with a spatula.
- Combine the Cool Whip with the remaining pineapple, stir gently, place on top of the creamy layer, and spread with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If you don’t have graham crumbs on hand, make your own by grinding a cracker in a blender to a gritty state.
- Do not beat cream cheese, butter, and icing sugar for more than 1 minute, otherwise, the butter may begin to flake.