It’s Reuben time! Made with homemade Russian dressing, savory corned beef, Swiss cheese, tangy sauerkraut, and rye bread, then toasted until crisp and melty, this is a serious sandwich.
for 2 servings
- ¾ cup mayonnaise(180 g)
- ¼ cup ketchup(60 g)
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices rye sandwich bread
- 1 cup suerkraut(125 g)
- ½ lb corned beef(225 g), sliced
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Make the Russian dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika.
- Make the sandwich: On a cutting board, spread ½ tablespoon of butter on one side of each slide of bread. Flip the bread slices over so that the buttered side is face down. Spread 1 tablespoon of Russian dressing on each slice. Add ¼ pound corned beef to 2 of the slices of bread. Top the corned beef with ½ cup of sauerkraut and 2 slices of Swiss cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side out.
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is warm, add the sandwiches and cook, without moving, until golden brown, 2–3 minutes. Carefully flip the sandwiches over and continue cooking until the bread is golden brown and cheese has melted, 2–3 minutes more.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Reuben Sandwich”
Heya! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!