Sometimes the most simple old fashioned recipes are the best at giving us the flavor and texture we treasure. This is a recipe that delivers!
You’ll Need :
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick of butter (no substitutions)
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1/8 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 whole eggs (3 eggs if small or medium eggs)
- 2 1/2 cups of coarse mashed over ripe bananas (about 5-6 bananas)
- Optional: mini-chocolate chips and/or toasted coarsely chopped nuts.
It, you may like it: Pecan Pie
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2 Cups of All Purpose Flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda Set aside.
Then, in a large bowl, cream until fluffy : 1 stick of butter (no substitutions) 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
Add: 1/8 cup of vegetable oil 2 whole eggs, one at a time Then add: 2 1/2 cups of coarse mashed over ripe bananas (about 5-6 bananas)
Then, slowly add the dry ingredients, do not over mix, but make sure all the dry ingredients are blended into the wet ingredients.
Prepare one loaf pan with pam or grease it.
Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the center of the oven for about 55-65 minutes.
This recipe will easily double, but do not attempt to triple it.
Start a new batter for best results.
You can add 1 cup of mini-chocolate chips at the time you add the dry ingredients, or one cup of toasted coarse chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts.