Potato Salad is a classic recipe for good reason, this creamy salad is easy to make ahead of time making it the perfect potluck dish!
This creamy old-fashioned potato salad uses very simple ingredients to make bright flavors. Lots of creamy mayonnaise, a hint of mustard, and sweet pickles (or relish).
- Russet potatoes: 3 pounds (medium)
- Mayonnaise: 1 cup
- Yellow mustard: 1/4 cup
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 teaspoons
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons
- Onion powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Sweet pickle relish: 1/4 cup
- Celery: 1 stalk, chopped
- Sweet onion: 1/2, chopped
- Hard-boiled eggs: 4 (3 chopped and 1 sliced)
- To start off the recipe, go ahead and cut each potato in half then place it in a large pot and cover it with 1 inch of water.
- You’ll want to add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes, or until fork tender all the way through. And please drain well.
- Once drained, permit cool and then peel and discard the skins.
- Then, you’re going to get a large bowl and place in potatoes. Using a knife, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- After that, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and onion powder in a small bowl. Make sure this mixture is poured over potatoes and mix in well.
- Immediately add relish, celery, onion, and chopped eggs and mix in well. You can then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Alright now, go ahead and top with sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. And that’s it, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for no less than 4 hours.