EASY NO BAKE STRAWBERRY LUSH
As an avid strawberry fan, I’m always looking for recipes to use up as many strawberries as I can get my hands on during the summer. Sometimes they’re super simple, like this easy no-bake dessert that builds upon already baked angel food cake!
Simple is a big plus when you need a fast but impressive dessert for special occasions like graduation or summer birthdays. This tasty strawberry dessert is also a hit at BBQs and summertime potlucks!
❤️ WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- It’s Quick! And even though the prep and assembly time is ridiculously quick, the dessert turns out so spectacular that no one will guess you whipped it up in no time!
- Incredibly Easy! Cube some store-bought bakery angel food cake and add layers. Voila! You’ll be hooked on this strawberry lush for more than one reason!
- No-Bake Dessert! Need I say more? The first two should have you checking your berry supply already, add ‘no-bake’ and the deal should be sealed! You need to try this easy dessert!
Strawberry Angel Food Lush
This flavor-packed strawberry angel food lush combines tasty layers of angel food cake, tangy sweetened cream cheese, whipped cream, and strawberries! Throw this dessert in the fridge and have it ready to serve when your guests arrive or for a fantastic after-dinner dessert!
- ▢14 oz Angel Food Cake (pre-made or store-bought, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- ▢1 strawberry coulis (or strawberry syrup)
- ▢8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ▢1 cup confectioners sugar
- ▢⅓ cup milk
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢8 oz Cool Whip
- ▢½ lbs strawberries (washed, hulled, and sliced)
- Cut up the angel food cake into 1-inch squares, and arrange them on the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Set the pan aside for later.14 oz Angel Food Cake
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar. Whip together using a handheld mixer or whisk.8 oz cream cheese,1 cup confectioners sugar,⅓ cup milk
- Add in half of the cool whip, and vanilla extract, and whisk together.8 oz Cool Whip,1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the cream cheese sugar mixture over the cut-up angel food cake cubes. Using a spatula smooth out the mixture evenly.
- Add the rest of the cool whip and spread as evenly as possible.8 oz Cool Whip
- In another small bowl combine the coulis and sliced strawberries and mix together.½ lbs strawberries,1 strawberry coulis
- Pour over the top of the cool whip layer and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, you can refrigerate for up to 3 days!
- Set your cream cheese out for about 30 minutes to soften.
- Set the Cool Whip out about 15 minutes before adding it to the cream cheese mixture to soften.
Calories: 425kcal (21%) | Carbohydrates: 77g (26%) | Protein: 6g (12%) | Fat: 11g (17%) | Saturated Fat: 6g (38%) | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 36mg (12%) | Sodium: 527mg (23%) | Potassium: 182mg (5%) | Fiber: 1g (4%) | Sugar: 56g (62%) | Vitamin A: 457IU (9%) | Vitamin C: 18mg (22%) | Calcium: 152mg (15%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)