This stuffed cabbage rolls recipe is cabbage leaves filled with beef and rice, coated in a homemade tomato sauce, and baked to perfection. A comfort food classic that’s hearty, delicious, and simple to make.
I’ve been eating stuffed cabbage since I was a child, and I’ve been working on this recipe for a long time to create the ultimate rendition of cabbage rolls. Serve your stuffed cabbage rolls with a side of mashed potatoes and broccoli, and watch the rave reviews pour in!
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup uncooked white rice
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can of condensed tomato soup
- Step 1In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 2Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
- Step 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 4Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- Step 5In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.
1 thought on “Stuffed Cabbage rolls! Food Insurance”