This easy apple cake is so easy to make. It’s just 3 ingredients and doesn’t contain any eggs, butter or oil, but you won’t miss them at all. The cake is very moist and soft. You don’t even need a mixer to make the batter. This cake is perfect for dessert or served with afternoon tea or coffee.
3 INGREDIENT APPLE CAKE
servings: 12SLICESprep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes total time: 45 MINUTEScourse: dessert cuisine: AMERICANThis easy apple cake comes out soft, sweet and moist. It doesn’t require any eggs, butter or oil but you won’t miss them at all! The batter is easily mixed by hand, no mixer is needed!
- 3/4 cup (185 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (14 oz) can (397 g) sweetened full fat condensed milk
- 1 ¼ cup (156 g) of self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add applesauce and condensed milk. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Add flour to a separate bowl. Use a clean whisk to briefly sift flour (move your whisk rapidly back and forth through the flour until it becomes light and powdery and no clumps remain). Pour flour into wet batter. Whisk until flour is completely incorporated and no flour clumps remain. If you see any flour clumps, use the same back and forth motion with your whisk to remove lumps rather than just stirring in a circular motion.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake cake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It’s okay if some cake crumbs cling to the toothpick but there should not be any wet batter on your toothpick. Let the cake cool fully before removing and cutting. I dusted mine with powdered sugar before serving but that is completely optional. The cake is sweet enough on its own.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- To make your own self-rising flour, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour + 3 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt. Measure out 1 1/4 cups for the recipe.
- Make sure to use unsweetened applesauce. Sweetened applesauce will add too much sugar to your batter and not enough liquid which will make your cake heavy, dense, and chewy.
- Make sure to use sweetened full-fat condensed milk. Condensed milk is usually sold in 14 oz cans. If you use a 14 oz can, you can just use the full can and not have to measure it out. If you need to measure it out, 1 can is 1 1/4 cups or 397 grams.
- The flour does not need to be fully sifted with a flour sifter. However because the batter is so wet, it is difficult to break up any flour clumps once it is added to the wet batter, which is why the instructions require you to do a brief sifting using your whisk to remove any large flour clumps.
- The cake can be stored for 1-2 days at room temperature in a sealed container. If storing for a longer, store in fridge or freezer.
serving: 1slice, calories: 160kcal, carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 3g, saturated fat: 1g, sodium: 178mg, Fiber: 1g, sugar: 19g, Net carbs: 29g