This easy apple cake is so easy to make. It’s just 3 ingredients and doesn’t contain any eggs, butter or oil, but you won’t miss them at all. The cake is very moist and soft. You don’t even need a mixer to make the batter. This cake is perfect for dessert or served with afternoon tea or coffee.
3 INGREDIENT APPLE CAKE
servings: 12SLICESprep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 35 minutes total time: 45 MINUTEScourse: dessert cuisine: AMERICANThis easy apple cake comes out soft, sweet and moist. It doesn’t require any eggs, butter or oil but you won’t miss them at all! The batter is easily mixed by hand, no mixer is needed!
- 3/4 cup (185 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (14 oz) can (397 g) sweetened full fat condensed milk
- 1 ¼ cup (156 g) of self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add applesauce and condensed milk. Whisk until evenly combined.
- Add flour to a separate bowl. Use a clean whisk to briefly sift flour (move your whisk rapidly back and forth through the flour until it becomes light and powdery and no clumps remain). Pour flour into wet batter. Whisk until flour is completely incorporated and no flour clumps remain. If you see any flour clumps, use the same back and forth motion with your whisk to remove lumps rather than just stirring in a circular motion.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake cake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It’s okay if some cake crumbs cling to the toothpick but there should not be any wet batter on your toothpick. Let the cake cool fully before removing and cutting. I dusted mine with powdered sugar before serving but that is completely optional. The cake is sweet enough on its own.