Fried okra is always a good idea, especially when it is crispy and golden and ready in 25 minutes! Coat okra pieces in a cornmeal breading and cook in the air fryer for only 10 minutes and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing appetizer for get-togethers any day of the week.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh okra, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 large egg, beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine cornmeal, flour, and salt in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag.
- Dip okra in egg and transfer to cornmeal mixture. Seal bag and shake until okra are evenly coated.
- Transfer coated okra to air fryer basket and spray okra with cooking spray.
- Cook okra for 5 minutes. Shake the basket and continue cooking until lightly golden and crispy, about 5 minutes more. Repeat with remaining slices.