Cook your steak in the air fryer to get juicy, delicious meat in no time at all! This easy Air Fryer Sirloin Steak recipe is perfect any night of the week!
It’s almost as easy as seasoning and putting your steak in the air fryer. The prep time is minimal and before you know it, you’ll have a delicious steak dinner to enjoy!
Scroll down to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe card or read on for tips and tricks for making air fryer steak!
AIR FRYER SIRLOIN STEAK
I love steak but in the past we’ve only had it when my husband uses the grill. My air fryer has changed the game for us when it comes to having a steak dinner at home!
CAN YOU AIR FRY STEAK?
Absolutely! If you couldn’t, I wouldn’t be sharing this recipe.
In under 30 minutes, you can air fry steak and you’ll have juicy meat that is cooked to your preference. Using this easy recipe, you can cook your steak to perfection in the air fryer!
Air frying is a great way to cook the meat because of the delicious flavor you get both inside and outside.
ARE STEAKS GOOD IN THE AIR FRYER?
Yes, I think steaks are great when they’re cooked in the air fryer. You can get a nice crisp outside with juicy meat inside.
While we usually enjoy sirloin steak, you can cook a variety of cuts in the air fryer. I recommend using a steak that is on the thicker side. It’s very easy to overcook thinner steaks in the air fryer while you wait for the outside to crisp up.
So you can use sirloin, rib eye, or strip steak in the air fryer, Just look for a steak that is about 3/4″ to 1″ thick.
CAN I COOK A FROZEN STEAK IN AN AIR FRYER?
You can cook a frozen steak in the air fryer though I highly recommend thawing before you cook the meat. Thaw it and let the meat rest at room temperature.
If you’re cooking frozen steak in the air fryer, you will need a long cooking time. I would suggest 18-20 minutes total. Be sure to flip the steak halfway through the cook time.
Depending on the thickness of the steak, you may need additional cooking time.
WHAT ARE THE BEST AIR FRYERS?
There are so many different models of air fryers available. I’ve shared some of my favorites below (aka my wish list), but I recommend that you look for the size you need (we have a larger one and a smaller one) and then read up on the features to see which ones appeal to you!
- 2 thick cut sirloin steaks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dried parsley for garnish (optional)
- Allow the steaks to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- When ready to cook, season both sides of the steak with garlic powder, ground peppercorn, and salt.
- Place the steaks in the basket of the air fryer. Set the air fryer to cook at 400°.
- For medium rare steaks, cook for 10 minutes. For medium steaks, cook for 12 minutes. For medium well steaks, cook for 14 minutes. Flip the steaks halfway through the cook time.
- When the cook time is up, allow the steaks to rest for five minutes before serving.
- Garnish with dried parsley before serving, if desired.