- ▢1 cup brown sugar
- ▢6 Tbs butter melted
- ▢2 bananas thinly sliced
- ▢1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ▢1/2 tsp baking soda
- ▢1 tsp baking powder
- ▢pinch salt
- ▢3/4 cup brown sugar
- ▢1/4 cup granulated sugar
- ▢1 cup mashed bananas about 2 medium
- ▢1/2 cup buttermilk or any milk will essentially do
- ▢1 Tbs vanilla
- ▢1/3 cup oil
- ▢2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9″ springform pan (higher sides is essential for this recipe), set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients in bowl. Press mixture into bottom of the pan. Layer banana rounds on top of mix.
- In larger bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour on top of the brown sugar and banana mixture. Bake for 45 mins or until set (when toothpick comes out clean.)
- Turn out onto serving platter, be very careful with this as it should slip out easily.
- 1.Use a 9″ round spring-form pan, although this has worked for me in the standard 9″ cake pan others have had trouble with the batter spilling over, so to be safe, use a higher sided pan.
- Combine your brown sugar and melted butter before placing it in the bottom of the pan. I’ve seen other recipes that call for sprinkling of brown sugar and pouring of butter, but this is the method that works perfectly for us!
- You can use ripe or over ripe banana in this recipe, the banana “seen” will be baked and caramelized so if they are already super soft it is ok.
- Wrap your spring-form pan with tin foil in case you happen to have sugar leak out or go grab yourself one of these amazing rimmed springform pans that we use!
- Let cake rest in pan about 5 minutes before turning onto serving platter.
Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1.8mg
1 thought on “BANANA UPSIDE DOWN CAKE”