- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest grated
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Do it carefully and fast. Pour the lemon bread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack. Release the bread from the pan.
- Combine freshly squeezed lemon juice and ½ cup powdered sugar in a small bowl and beat, using electrical mixer, until smooth glaze forms .
- Drizzle the top of the blueberry lemon bread (after it’s been completely cooled) with the glaze. Some of the glaze will go down the sides of the bread.
1 thought on “Blueberry Lemon Bread”