- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 clove garlic crushed (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, oil, and spices. Use right away or cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet or heavy-duty non-stick pan to medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Once the pan is hot, coat the pan with a light drizzle of oil (if using a non-stick pan) and cook the shrimp in batches for 2 minutes per side or until charred and cooked through. Do not over-crowd the pan. Serve on tacos, salads, burritos, or rice.