- 6 Russet potatoes
- olive oil or butter
- sea salt
- black bean chili
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Adjust oven rack to the center of the oven. Place second oven rack underneath with a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil to catch any drippings.
- Scrub potatoes with a medium bristled brush. Rub with olive oil or butter and sprinkle with sea salt. Pierce the potato with a sharp knife or fork about 3-5 times around the potato to allow steam to escape as cooking. Place directly onto the oven rack placed in the center of the oven.
- As potatoes are cooking, prepare black bean chili according to recipe instructions.
- Test potatoes for doneness by squeezing the center of the potato while using a pot holder to determine if tender or checking the internal temperature of the potato with an instant read thermometer. The potato should register 210º F.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and place on the sheet pan used on the rack underneath or another platter for serving.
- To serve, split open potatoes with a knife and gently squeeze the potato from both ends to open the contents. Using a large spoon, ladle black bean chili into the center of the potato. Top with sour cream, cheese and optional garnish.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 934mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2mg