Crab Fettuccine Alfredo is an incredibly delicious dinner that comes together in a snap! Fettuccine topped with creamy homemade Alfredo sauce filled with lump crab–a really special meal that can easily be made any night of the week.
CRAB FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
This meal was so super easy to make and pretty much start-to-finish done in less than 30 minutes. We all loved it so much, this is for sure going into the regular dinner rotation.
One thing I really liked about this recipe is that we used milk instead of heavy cream to make the Alfredo sauce. I love a good Alfredo made with butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan, but it’s so heavy and incredibly high fat. Making the sauce with milk didn’t impact the flavor (the addition of cream cheese makes it nice and creamy) but really reduced the fat content.
Crab Fettuccine Alfredo
Crab Fettuccine Alfredo is a rich, creamy dinner that comes together in a snap! Fettuccine plus creamy homemade Alfredo sauce filled with lump crab equals a really special meal that can easily be made any night of the week.
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to combine. Cook the flour and butter together for 30-60 seconds, then slowly add the milk. Add the milk a small amount at a time, whisking well between each addition. Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and drop into the sauce, stirring until melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Add the freshly grated parmesan cheese, chopped fresh parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the sauce and whisk until smooth. Gently stir in the crabmeat and allow the sauce to cook on low heat until the crab is hot.
- Toss the cooked fettuccini with the sauce, or serve the pasta topped with the sauce.