This German Chocolate Cheesecake is insanely decadent chocolate cheesecake with crunchy Oreo crust and gooey coconut pecan topping. It’s so delicious! Bursting with chocolate flavor, smooth as silk, rich chocolate cheesecake paired with insanely delicious coconut pecan topping is such a treat!
German Chocolate Cheesecake featuring, creamy chocolate cheesecake filling, and coconut and pecan topping is a showstopper! Bonus: You have two delicious desserts packed in an awesome recipe.
German Chocolate Cheesecake
This German Chocolate Cheesecake is insanely decadent chocolate cheesecake with crunchy Oreo crust and gooey coconut pecan topping.
For Oreo Crust:
- 14.3 oz. Oreo Cookies-ground
- 4 oz. unsalted butter-melted
- 2 lb. cream cheese-softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs-slightly beaten with the fork
Coconut Pecan Topping:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 oz. sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups chopped toasted pecans
Ganache for Swirls:
- 4 oz. chocolate-chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Line the bottom of the 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and wrap the pan in heavy-duty aluminum foil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Whisk together Oreo crumbs with melted butter, then press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of springform pan. Place in the freezer to firm.
- Melt the chocolate and set it aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the cocoa and melted chocolate.
- Add eggs and beat just to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the crust and smooth the top. Place in the preheated oven, then place a small pot filled with water under the pan.
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center has set. Turn off the oven and crack the door open for additional hour, then place the cake on the counter to cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge for 4 hour.
- When it’s cooled remove the ring from the springform pan and transfer the cake onto the serving plate.
Coconut Pecan Topping:
- In a sauce pan stir together evaporated milk, butter, light brown sugar, and egg yolks. Stirring constantly simmer for 10 minutes until thicken (it should be pudding-like).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Next, stir in coconut and pecans. Set aside to cool to room temperature, then spread over the chilled cake.
Chocolate Ganache Swirls:
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil, then stir in maple syrup.
- Whisk in cold heavy cream until smooth and creamy. Then whisk in cocoa powder. Set aside to cool and reach piping consistency.
- Transfer to a piping bag and make the swirls.