– Hobo Dinner Foil Packets are so simple to make and everyone raves about them! Comforting veggies including potatoes, carrots, and onions are topped with a seasoned hamburger patty and grilled or baked to tender perfection.
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 1 package dry onion soup mix
– 4 small potatoes peeled and sliced
– 2 cups carrots chopped
– 1 large or 2 small onions, sliced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Condensed mushroom soup
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Combine ground beef and dry soup mix in a bowl. Form into four patties and set aside.
In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients except mushroom soup. Toss until well mixed.
– Spray a 12″ x 18″ piece of foil with non-stick spray.
Place ¼ of the vegetable mixture in the center of the foil. Top with 1 beef patty. Add 2 tablespoons of condensed mushroom soup on top of each patty.
– Seal foil packets well. Place beef side up on a large baking sheet and bake 35-45 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
– These foil packs can also be grilled at medium heat for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and ground beef reaches 160°F.