If I have learned anything over the years, it is that KFC is my go-to fast-food restaurant for side dishes. Sometimes I even go buy some if I know I am having guests over or too lazy to cook. They have such a wide variety of mouth-watering options that almost constantly change, making it so difficult to choose the best ones. But for me it can be an easy choice when it comes to KFC biscuits.
I have always been a sucker for hot, flaky biscuits and theirs are by far the best I have ever had. They are flaky, buttery, soft and crisp all at the same time. Not even grandma can make biscuits like these!
Now, not that these biscuits aren’t great on their own, but their sole purpose in life is to be a vessel for other foods – that’s what makes this recipe so perfect. All the ingredients (especially the sweet and salty flavors) are perfectly balanced to not take the attention away from other foods.
They make a great side dish to many meals such as stews, curries, roasts and of course, fried chicken.
Love their food? Then check out our recipes from KFC.
If you thought these biscuits couldn’t get any better, you were wrong. They can also be served as a spread with a variety of cured meats, cheeses, jams and preserves. This is so much better than any cracker or breadstick could ever be.
Do you have a sweet tooth? Well, these biscuits are also perfect with whipped cream and chocolate spread!
There are an endless amount of possibilities and the best part, they are so quick and easy to make that you won’t get annoyed by an excessive amount of steps.
How To Make Copycat KFC Biscuits
Preheat your oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Using your hands or a butter knife, cut in the butter until the flour looks like coarse bread crumbs. This does take a while so be patient. Slowly incorporate your milk until a dough forms. You might not need to use all of it.
Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead your dough until it is smooth and elastic.
Roll the dough until it is about ½ inch thick. Using a 3 inch round cookie cutter cut disks from the dough. Re-use the left-over dough to cut more disks.
Place the biscuits on the lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until fully risen and golden brown.
Serve immediately with a wide variety of accompaniments.
KFC Biscuits Recipe
These light and flaky KFC biscuits are the best biscuits you will ever make! It takes only a few minutes to make and can be served as a side with a wide variety of meals.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2/3 cup milk
- Start by preheating your oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a flat baking sheet with non-stick or parchment paper.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl.
- Using your hands or a butter knife, cut in the butter until the flour looks like coarse bread crumbs.
- Do not become impatient and stop halfway – the crumbs need to be worked to a coarse consistency otherwise your outcome will be affected.
- Slowly add your milk and mix with a fork until the dough comes together. You might not need all of your milk or you might need to add more. It depends on a lot of factors so make sure to check the consistency of your dough carefully.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead your dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes.
- Roll the dough until it is about ½ inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter cut 3-inch disks from the dough. You can combine the leftover dough, re-roll and re-cut it to get more biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until fully risen and golden brown.
- Serve immediately or allow them to cool and store them in an air-tight container.
- These biscuits are best served fresh but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. Simply reheat them in the oven and serve however you like.
- These biscuits can be served as a savory or sweet items. Some ideas for a savory dish is to serve with crispy fried chicken pieces or a delicious gravy. To serve it as a sweet dish you can add whipped cream, jams, figs and even chocolate spread.