- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cups all purpose flour
- vegetable oil
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- ranch seasoning
- chopped bacon
- diced vegetables
- sour cream
- green onions (chopped)
- Place your mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese, and one cup of flour into a large bowl.
- Stir until WELL combined.
- Gradually add up to one more cup of flour until the potato mixture become s thick enough to hold their shape on the griddle.
- Heat a large skillet with about 1/4″ oil in the bottom over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, drop the batter by ¾ cup full (or smaller if you’d like) into the oil. Use a spoon to spread slightly into a round “pancake”.
- Cook until the pancake is golden brown on one side. Then flip and continue to cook until the patty is golden brown on the second side and cooked through.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. As you remove the potato cakes, place them on the wire rack so any extra oil drips down and they don’t get soggy.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.
- Serve immediately.
The calories shown are based on the recipe making 9 cakes, with 1 serving being 1 potato pancake. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate. **We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information.**
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg
1 thought on “Mashed Potato Cakes”