Peach Pretzel Salad Dessert is a fresh summer twist on the classic fruit and jello pretzel dessert using fresh or canned peaches.
PEACH PRETZEL SALAD DESSERT
This Peach Pretzel Salad Dessert is a fresh combination of tangy sweet peaches in peach gelatin, a velvet layer of whipped topping and cream cheese all over a salty pretzel crust. They’re the perfect balance of flavors! Peach pretzel jello salad is the easy-to-make, gorgeous layered peach dessert that will be the hit of any summer party!
JELLO PRETZEL DESSERT
If you’ve been following along with me for a while you’ll remember the Marshmallow Peach Icebox Dessert recipe that was passed down in my family from my mom to me. We used to make it every August, and I looked forward to it all year. Well, this pretzel dessert recipe is another great family recipe to use up some of those summer peaches!
PEACH GELATIN LAYER
- 2 1/3 c. boiling water
- 1 6 oz. box peach gelatin
- 4 c. sliced peaches, fresh or canned
- 2 1/2 c. crushed pretzels
- 3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 3/4 c. melted butter
CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. carton whipped topping
- 1 pasteurized egg , OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the gelatin with boiling water in a medium bowl. Whisk until gelatin is dissolved. Roughly chop the peaches and add them to the gelatin mixture. Allow to cool just until it is soft set.
- Add the pretzels to a resealable bag and using a rolling pin, crush the pretzels until they are small pieces. Add them to a medium bowl along with the powdered sugar and butter. Mix until the pretzels are coated.
- Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350°. Cool.
- Meanwhile beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and egg (optional) until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Carefully spread over the pretzel crust.
- Pour the soft set gelatin and peach mixture over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate the dessert until the gelatin is fully set. Serve chilled.