To make this absolutely delicious version of Seafood Macaroni and Cheese. We’re using shrimp and crab meat, but you could use the seafood of your choice to make this creamy dish. It’s quick and easy to make, and it will bring back lots of great memories of walking in the sand along your favorite beach.
- 2 cups of dry Macaroni
- 6 oz. Claw Crab Meat
- 8 oz. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 8 oz. block Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. block Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Salt, Black Pepper, to taste
Stuffed Salmon Over Rice and Grilled Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel and de-vein shrimp if needed.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain well.
- Place drained macaroni in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sour cream, stir together well, until all noodles are coated.
- Add the crab meat, stir well.
- Finely chop the green onion. Set Aside.
- Grate the white cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, or skillet.
- Add the shrimp. Turn and stir shrimp until lightly done.
- Remove shrimp from pan. Chop slightly when cooled. Add to the macaroni mixture.
- Add the finely chopped onions to the saucepan, sauté until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and mix well. Let cook and brown for about one minute.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Gradually add the grated Cheddar Cheese, stirring constantly until cheese melts.
- Pour cheese mixture over the macaroni and seafood mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture in a well-buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle lightly with Paprika, to add color.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.