This wonderfully tasty Stove Top Meatloaf combines ground beef with classic Stove Top Stuffing to make a super easy, moist meatloaf dinner! Add a few herbs, an egg, and some Worcestershire sauce for flavor, and top it off with ketchup, tomato sauce, or your favorite BBQ sauce for a family-favorite meal!
This easy meatloaf recipe gets a boost of flavor from Stove Top Stuffing!
Is there any other food that screams classic comfort food more than meatloaf?? It really is the ultimate when it comes to a down-home, nostalgic, and very easy meal.
Of course, I certainly don’t make everything ‘just like Grandma made it’ anymore. This meatloaf version isn’t from her recipe tin, but I’m still sure that my beloved Granny Janny would approve!
Stove Top Meatloaf
This wonderfully tasty Stove Top Meatloaf combines ground beef with classic Stove Top Stuffing to make a super easy, moist meatloaf dinner! Add a few herbs, some Worcestershire sauce for flavor, and top it off with ketchup, tomato sauce, or your favorite BBQ sauce for a family-favorite meal!
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- ▢2 lbs ground beef (80-85% lean ground beef)
- ▢6 oz Stove Top Stuffing (boxed mix)
- ▢¼ cup milk (beef broth or water can work)
- ▢1 large egg
- ▢8 tablespoon ketchup (divided in half, half in the loaf and the other half on top of the meatloaf – you also can use tomato paste or BBQ sauce)
- ▢1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- ▢1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or chopped parsley)
- ▢1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- ▢1 teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
BAKE LEGS WITH CREAM MUSHROOM
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease the interior of your loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, stuffing mix, milk, egg, half of the ketchup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and all the seasoning. Reserve 4 tablespoons of the ketchup (or tomato paste or BBQ sauce) for the topping.
- Using clean hands or latex gloves, mix all ingredients thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Put the meat mixture into your loaf pan, and press it evenly throughout the pan. Go along the edges and push down with your fingers or a spoon to create a well.
- Spread the remaining 4 tablespoons of ketchup (or tomato paste or BBQ sauce) over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for an hour or continue baking until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (72°C).
- Remove from the oven and allow the meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before serving.