There is nothing better than Watergate Salad! This simple dump-and-go salad is a classic that makes it’s way into every celebration because it’s both incredibly delicious and incredibly easy. Whip it together in less than 5 minutes and you’re good to go! Love pistachio? Make sure to try my Easy Pistachio Pie and Pistachio and White Chocolate Pudding Cookies too!
Pistachio Dessert Salad, Watergate Salad or Pistachio Fluff – whatever you choose to call it – it’s delicious! I mean, what’s better than dumping a handful of ingredients together in a bowl, giving it a quick stir, popping in the fridge to the chill and then having it ready to go when you are?
The answer? Nothing. Especially when you end up with a deliciously sweet and satisfying Watergate Salad for that teeny amount of effort.
As you guys know, I am a fluff lover. Like, I make a fluff salad for pretty much every function you can think of: holidays, potlucks, parties, etc. It’s my go-to. And there’s ample reasoning to support these decisions:
- There is never a single bit leftover. Never.
- Takes about 5 minutes to make.
- Cheap. Like, really, really cheap to make.
This is basically the criteria for all my life choices.
To top it all off, this is pistachio flavored! I looooove pistachio!
What Is In Watergate Salad
Not a whole heck of a lot you guys. We’re talking 5 ingredients. TOTAL.
- pistachio Jell-O instant pudding mix
- crushed pineapple – in juice! Do not drain!
- miniature marshmallows
- chopped nuts your favorite – I usually use pecans or pistachios
- Cool Whip – you can use lite if you prefer
Family recipes are the best. Seriously. I mean, if we’re talking food that brings back the memories, it’s got to be a family recipe. Last month my little sister was out visiting and we made the rounds to all the local relatives so they could visit with Ashley. We met up with my Aunt Lana and had a wonderful visit.
There is nothing better than Watergate Salad! This simple dump-and-go salad is a classic that makes it’s way into every celebration because it’s both incredibly delicious and incredibly easy. Whip it together in less than 5 minutes and you’re good to go!
- 3.4 oz pistachio Jell-O instant pudding mix
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts your favorite
- 8 oz container Cool Whip I used lite – thawed
- Combine pudding mix, pineapple (with juice), marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl and mix well.
- Blend in Cool Whip and chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.3mg