- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon, cubed
- 1 pound minced meat
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can small diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle chips
- 12 ounces sliced American cheese
- the covers
- shredded insberg lettuce
- chopped tomato
- dill pickle chips
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. behavior.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the bacon fat into the skillet. You can save it for another use.
- Add minced meat to the skillet. Cook and chop the minced meat. When the minced meat is about half cooked, add the onions.
- Filter the fat. Place skillet over medium heat and add garlic powder, pepper, diced tomatoes, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until completely heated.
- Add chopped pickles and half of the American cheese. I like to shred or chop the cheese into pieces so it melts more easily. Stir until cheese melts.
- Stir the pasta.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Put the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Served with bacon, shredded lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.