- 3 1/2 – 4 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 3/4 cup warm whole milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries Ricotta Cream :
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 3 ½ cups flour, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and yeast. Add the milk, honey, eggs, butter, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Using the dough hook, mix until the flour is completely incorporated, about 4-5 minutes. If the dough seems sticky, add the remaining ½ cup of flour. It’s better to have a stickier dough rather than a dry dough, so add flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- To make the filling. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and remaining 1-2 tablespoons lemon zest. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Turn out the dough, punch it down, and roll it into a rectangle about 10 x 16 inches. Spread 6 tablespoons softened butter evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of the lemon sugar evenly over the butter and lightly push into the butter. Sprinkle over 2 1/2 cups raspberries. Starting with the long edge closest to you, carefully roll the dough into a log, keeping it fairly tight as you go. When you reach the edge, pinch along the edge to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12-15 rolls. Place the rolls in the prepared baking dish. Cover and let rise 20-30 minutes or transfer to the fridge to rise overnight (see notes).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the rolls for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the cream. Whip the ricotta in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, pulse to combine. The cream can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Toss the remaining 1/2 cup raspberries with the remaining 1/4 cup lemon sugar. Spread the cream over the warm rolls. Sprinkle with berries.
Read Also : Hot Chocolate – Chocolate Show