This quick and easy dessert is the bomb dot com. Store-bought brownie mix meets vanilla ice cream and raspberry drizzle to form delectable frozen bites. Fill them with anything your heart desires, but we think vanilla and raspberry make a sweet power couple.
for 3 servings
- 9 oz fudge brownie mix(255 g), baked according to package instructions in a 9 x 13-inch pan
- ¾ cup vanilla ice cream(113 g)
- 3 large raspberries
- 10.5 oz chocolate frosting(300 g), melted
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup raspberries(150 g)
- ¼ cup sugar(50 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN AND RICE
- Make the brownie bombs: Cut 3 8-inch (20 cm) squares of plastic wrap. Place the plastic wrap in the cups of a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin, alternating between rows so you have enough space to work.
- With a 3½-inch (8.75 cm) cookie cutter, cut 6 circles out of the pan of brownies.
- Place a brownie circle in each prepared muffin cups. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop ¼ cup (35 g) of vanilla ice cream in the center of each brownie circle. Push a raspberry into the center of the ice cream and top with the remaining brownie circles. Wrap the plastic wrap around the brownie bomb. Place the muffin tin in the freezer and allow the brownie bombs to set for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- Make the raspberry sauce: Add the raspberries, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons of water, and the lemon juice to a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Once the raspberry mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to low and add the cornstarch slurry. Stir until the sauce thickens, 2–3 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the sauce cool.
- Remove the brownie bombs from the freezer. Unwrap and place, domed side up, on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Pour the melted chocolate frosting over the bombs, then place in the refrigerator to set, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the bombs from the refrigerator and drizzle with the raspberry sauce. Serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Brownie Ice Cream Bombs”