This butter pecan pound cake is rich, tender, moist, and loaded with chopped pecans. It’s all finished off with a delicious cream cheese frosting that pairs perfectly with the easy cake. It’s a pecan lover’s dream.
Pecan desserts are a southern tradition. From adding them to layered desserts to making them the stars of the show in cakes and pies, pecans are a classic addition to so many different desserts. Over the years, I’ve put pecans in all kinds of recipes.
Of course, hummingbird cake is a classic dessert that features pecans, as is something we like to call “Pink Stuff” down here. It’s a sort of pudding and whipped cream dessert. Also, you’d better believe that I’ve made my fair share of pecan pie. There’s one pecan-based dessert that I love to make more than anything else, though – this delicious butter pecan pound cake.
BUTTER PECAN POUND CAKE
This butter pecan pound cake is an extremely easy from scratch cake recipe that even beginners can make. Just a few simple ingredients, a little mixing, some baking, and frosting is all there is to it. There are no layers or fancy construction methods. It’s just a good, old-fashioned cake, and it is delicious.
The first thing you’ll notice is the pecans. This beautiful cake is frosted with cream cheese frosting, and the entire perimeter of the cake is coated with crushed pecans.
Take a slice, and you’ll see a rich, moist cake that’s just loaded with more chopped pecans. Then, it’s time to take a bite. Oh, yeah.
The delicious flavor of simple vanilla cake with chopped pecans blends perfectly with the rich cream cheese frosting, to create a sweet, delicious flavor that has an interesting mouth feel with all those delicious pecans! The cake itself is so moist, unlike some cakes that are filled with nuts or other additions. It’s the kind of cake that just melts in your mouth while at the same time having a robust texture. Oh, it’s so good.
Butter Pecan Pound Cake
A delicious and flavorful pecan cake with a scrumptious cream cheese frosting garnished with chopped pecans. The perfect fall dessert recipe.
For The Pecan Pound Cake
- 1½ cups pecans, chopped
- 1½ cups butter, room temperature
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3¼ cups cake flour
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
For The Frosting
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 325° and spray a 10 inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray and lightly coat with flour.
For The Pound Cake
- Sprinkle ½ cup chopped pecans in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth then add brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix well after adding each egg.
- Fold in flour until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Gently mix in vanilla and the remaining cup of pecans.
- Use a large spoon to drop batter into prepared tube pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before transferring cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
For The Frosting
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix well. Add vanilla and mix on low until fully incorporated.
- Frost cake once it has completely cooled. Garnish with chopped pecans around the edges of cake, if desired.
Recipe inspired from Praline Pound Cake from HEB’s Cake Flour Box