for 12 servings
- 1 chocolate cake, prepared, 9 inches (23 cm)
- 1 yellow cake, prepared, 9 inches (23 cm)
- chocolate frosting
- Slice the top of both cakes to create a flat surface.
- Cut both cakes in half widthwise to create four cakes.
- Place a small plate on top of the cake and cut around to create a smaller circle.
- Place a glass in the middle of the cake and cut around to create an even smaller circle.
- Assemble the first layer by placing the outside chocolate ring on a plate or cake stand. Insert the next yellow cake ring and then the inner chocolate cake ring.
- Frost the cake with a thin layer of frosting in between each layer.
- Continue forming layers alternating the colors on the outside.
- After the fourth layer frost the entire cake and cool in the refrigerator.
- Slice and serve.