- 2 small russet potatoes, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
It, you may like it: The BEST Taco Pasta – Don’t lose This
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and place into microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until tender; drain well and set aside.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat. Stir in bell peppers and potatoes until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Place sausage mixture evenly into the baking dish. Pour egg mixture evenly over the top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.*
- Place into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs are firm.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.