- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoon mini chocolate chip
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, and baking powder. Leave aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter and cream cheese, with an electric mixer on medium speed, until it is fine and creamy.
- Add an egg, milk, and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Then, add powder sugar and mix some more until the mixture is fluffy. Put in dry ingredients and mix until you get a fine dough.
- Finally, add mini chocolate chips and stir well. Leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge. Shape it into balls (24-26 balls).
- Place them in the baking sheets, 1.5 inches apart. Flatten the balls using your hands or some firm object.
- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chip, if you wish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and leave to cool in the baking sheets for a few minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Store them in a well-sealed container, at room temperature, for about three days.
- To keep the freshness you can store them in an airtight container. Cookies can be frozen up to one month if stored correctly! I wouldn’t recommend storing cookies in the fridge, because they will lose their softness and freshness. \
- You can add cream cheese for more flavor.
- I used cornstarch for this recipe in order to get the fine texture of cookies, but you can use flour as a substitute for cornstarch, in proportion 2:1.
- You can use potato starch instead of cornflour. If you have allergic to egg, you can replace egg with 1/2 of mashed bananas, 3 tablespoons of puree apple.. then it’s necessary to add another 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You can use blueberries and M&M’S instead of chocolate chips. I used 1.5 – 2 tbsp. of dough. Cookie size is about 2.5 inches.
- You can substitute coconut flour for all-purpose flour at a 1:4 ratio, and add 1 egg for every 1/4 cup coconut flour.
1 thought on “Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies”