- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Step 2In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Step 3Add eggs two at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix in. Add vanilla.
- Step 4Pour into a 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check for doneness at 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into center of cake will come out clean.