My mom used to make this recipe. It can also be made with 3/4 pound browned, drained hamburger. We called it SOS: Same Ole Stuff. Great comfort food! Either recipe is easy to make and tastes great with a cold beer. Serve over toast.”.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1 (8 ounce) jar dried beef
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour all at once to form a roux.
- Whisk in milk, a little at a time, increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Bring to a boil, stir in beef and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.