- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER’S Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1-¾ cups sugar, divided
- ½ cup water
- 1-⅔ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine softened
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Read also: PECAN PIE
- MICROWAVE chocolate, 1/2 cup sugar, and water in a large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool.
- MIX flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter and remaining sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each until well blended. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla; mix well. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Fill and frost with Easy Chocolate Frosting.