- °3 pounds of grass-fed beef
- °1 tsp bacon coconut oil
- °1 onion
- °1 head of roasted garlic or 3 minced garlic cloves*
- °1 6 ounces tomato paste
- °1/3 cup of red wine used Trader Joe’s 2 pack of sachets
- °3 cups beef broth
- °3 sweet potato, peel & cut to cube
- °4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- °1 sprig of rosemary leaves
- °1 teaspoon thyme
- °1 teaspoon sea salt
- °1/2 teaspoon pepper
- °1 bay leaf
Heat fat in a skillet on medium heat. Frying onions to soft. Add the meat and stir until brown on the outside. Do not cook completely!
Transfer to crock – cook wine in skillet for 1 minute. Make sure to scrape off all particles stuck in the pan! Pour wine and all other ingredients into the cooking pot. Cook on low heat for 8-12 hours.
Notes I like to put the crockpot on high for the first hour to raise the temperature before turning it to low. I also want to make this at night and let it cook while I sleep. Then I change the crockpot to the “keep warm” setting, and dinner is ready whenever you want to serve it! Aluminum foil and olive oil drizzle. Roll it up and place it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.
1 thought on “Delicious Beef Stew”