Cheesy Grilled Buffalo Chicken…mmm….you are truly a gift from the low carb gods.
Janette and I go through about 5lbs of chicken breast per week. We’re always trying to spice it up, while still keeping it low carb and healthy.
I previously posted our go-to weeknight recipe, Easy 3 Ingredient Blackened Chicken, and it was a big hit. I thought you guys might also enjoy our second favorite chicken recipe, this grilled version that is basted with buffalo sauce and stuffed with cheese.
See, eating healthy can be delicious! And it doesn’t have to be complicated either.
To make the Cheesy Grilled Buffalo Chicken, take a breast and butterfly it so you can stuff it with cheese. Make sure not to cut all the way through.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ Franks Hot Sauce cup
- ¼ tsp. celery salt
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat.
- Cut your chicken horizontally, but not completely. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Cover the chicken evenly with cheese and fold the chicken over to close.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter for 8 seconds. Stir in hot sauce and celery salt.
- Brush one side of the chicken with the hot sauce mixture and place the size of the hot sauce on the grill. Brush chicken with hot sauce. Cook for about 7 minutes. Turn the chicken over and brush the remaining hot sauce on top and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes longer.
- After you make this, once you are excited to make it again and again, you may even ditch the grilled cheese for a while. Enjoy this spicy and cheesy dinner with a side of vegetables or even a salad.
Calories per serving: 161, Fat: 4, Cholesterol: 70, Sodium: 1157, Potassium: 75, Carbs: 0, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 0, Protein: 28