Going out for Hibachi can get a little expensive especially depending on the size of your family. So, I have the perfect Hibachi Shrimp and Steak recipe for you to make right in the comfort of your own home! I have to say, my favorite part about Japanese Hibachi is the Yum Yum sauce. Like I will legit drown my hibachi in the sauce it’s so good! Yum Yum sauce can be purchased at your local grocery store or you can make it yourself which I prefer. Don’t worry…I have the perfect recipe for you. Just be sure to make the sauce in advance to give those flavors time to really bloom.
As for the fried rice, I recommend cooking your rice then letting it chill in the fridge a couple of hours or up to a day before making the hibachi. This prevents the rice from getting mushy and overcooked.
Hibachi Shrimp and Steak
Japanese steakhouse style Hibachi Steak and Shrimp recipe made right in your own kitchen!
For the Yum Yum Sauce
- 1½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons Water, as needed
- 1/2- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
For the Hibachi
- 2 Cups Cooked white rice, cold
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sesame oil, as needed
- 2-3 Tablespoons Soy sauce, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki sauce
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder, as needed
- Onion powder, as needed
- Paprika, as needed
- ½ Cup Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large Zucchini, sliced into sticks
- 1 lb Sirloin steak, cubbed
- 1 lb Large shrimp
- 1 Egg
- Canola oil
Homemade Hibachi Dinner
- Mix all of the Yum Yum sauce ingredients (except water) together.
- Add water in small amounts at a time until you reach your desired sauce consistency. Chill in the fridge.
- Season the steak and shrimp with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the steak and brown on both sides for about 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Add in a couple splashes of Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and cook the shrimp. Add in a couple of splashes of Teriyaki sauce and sesame oil. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add oil to the pan and cook the zucchini, mushrooms and onions, sauté for about 3 minutes. (You can remove the veggies from the pan if you’d like or keep in the pan to cook with your rice altogether).
- Add in the cold rice, a couple splashes of soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add in the egg and lightly scramble and mix together. Enjoy!