A Kool-Aid Slurpee is a fun and flavorful way to cool down on hot summer days. This simple homemade slushie recipe can be made in 5 minutes and easily blends together 2 ingredients with water and ice to create a refreshing sweet treat.
HOMEMADE KOOL-AID SLURPEE
This Kool-Aid Slurpee is a quick and easy way to make a slushie at home using only sugar, a packet of powder, water, and ice. Skip the gas station, 7-Eleven, and Sonic, because this convenience store copycat comes complete with brain freeze and has the same icy texture and deliciously sweet taste, but at a fraction of the price.
Grab your blender and your favorite fruit flavors, Slurpees are a fun way to turn a classic childhood drink into a cold blended beverage that you can customize. Kids will love picking the perfect colored powder to customize their cool icy drink; when the weather is warm, it’s the best sweet sip from a straw when you need to beat the heat!
Kool-Aid Slurpee is a fast and easy way to blend an icy beverage at home. This sweet treat makes sipping so much fun in the hot sun!
- ▢½ cup hot water
- ▢1 cup granulated sugar
- ▢1½ cup cold water
- ▢2 packets of kool-aid (your favorite flavor)
- ▢4½ cups ice cubes
- Add the warm water and granulated sugar to a small mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the sugar water to a blender.
- Add the cold water to the blender.
- Sprinkle the kool-aid over the water.
- Add the ice cubes. Place the lid on the blender and pulse until the ice is completely crushed and smooth. Serve in a 12-ounce glass with a straw.
- To Store: Keep any leftovers in the freezer. Allow the Slurpee to thaw just enough to pour into the blender to pulse to return to a Slurpee consistency.
- You can substitute concentrated Kool-Aid liquid drink mix for the powdered Kool-Aid. Do not add the sugar if you choose to use the Kool-Aid liquid.
- You can store the Slurpees in the freezer for up to 20 minutes before serving.
- You can use a sugar-free substitute for granulated sugar.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg